The 20th century was a golden age during which women had ground-breaking impact in many fields including acting. Of these, three women stood out in particular. Doris Day, Lucille Ball, and Shirley Temple were just ahead of their time in many ways and created ripples as A-list actresses who resonate with us even today.
These highly accomplished women connected with their audiences in a profound way, their work related with the everyday experiences of people, and they won numerous awards during their careers.
Find out what made them so special and get unique insights into their lives as celebrities and as people who defied incredible odds to reach the zenith of their professions.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll discover in this audiobook:
- Their early childhood, family life, and education
- Their struggles and making early breakthroughs
- Their big breaks in life that launched their careers
- Defying conventions and uniquely establishing themselves
- Their challenges in life and how they overcame them
- Doing their greatest work and impacting an entire nation
- The legacies that they left behind
- And much more!
These women had established themselves as icons in Hollywood, and their legends will continue to inspire generations to come. They were also innovators who did things which many women did not dare to even think about doing at the time. As you listen to this audiobook, you will get a unique peek into the minds of these amazing women and why they singularly not only changed an industry, but elevated the status of women in society and gave them a voice.