The Happy Doc Student Handbook: 7 Steps to Graduating with Your Sanity, Health, and Relationships Intact
Author: Heather Frederick
Narrated By: Jennifer Pickens
Length: 3 hrs 21 mins
Are you thinking about pursuing a doctorate? In the middle of a program? Know someone who is?
When 50% of those who start a doctoral program don’t finish, there is a need for additional resources!
Decades of working in doctoral programs left Heather Frederick, Ph.D. (Brandeis University, ’99; host of The Happy Doc Student Podcast), disillusioned with what people were not being told during the admissions process and what students were not being taught in required coursework. Whether you’re “on the fence” about enrolling in a program, in a program and feeling a bit overwhelmed, a family member or friend of a doctoral student wanting to know what the heck is going on, or a faculty member seeking insights that will lead to more effective mentorship – this handbook is for you!
In just 7 steps you’ll learn tools and techniques to start strong, stay the course, and finish on a dissertation time. Each step contains action items allowing you to apply the information for immediate results.
You’ll learn how to:
• Position yourself for success
• Manage stress and overwhelming emotions
• Use ego-shattering feedback to your advantage
• Build a supportive network so you never feel alone
• Find quality time for school in your already busy life
• Work smarter so you can finish on time
• Choose a topic, complete your dissertation, and shine at your defense